A relaxed full-day tour with Coast to Hinterland Tours allows you to explore the open roads and take in the stunning views of lush green valley’s passing through quaint mountain villages and offering spectacular views of the coastal lowlands, through to the glorious Pacific Ocean.
– Visit the ever-inspiring Lift; a combination of gallery, café, concert venue and sound spa! This is the place enlightened locals visit to hang out, get creative or indulge in one of the many holistic therapies on offer such as Lift’s famous sound therapy treatment.
Lift’s discovery centre focuses on light and sound artifacts you can try out yourself and there are usually concerts playing or tutorials from various holistic health techniques to experience (bookings essential).
– Maleny Botanic Gardens is a must for nature lovers, it houses one of Australia’s largest aviaries featuring many native and exotic bird species. These botanic gardens form a stunning 5-hectare dreamscape capitalizing on views of the Glass House Mountains. It is also one of Australia’s most revered private gardens – the vision of one passionate gardener; Frank Schipp.
– Now it’s time to sit surrounded by mountains looking out to sea with a wine in hand at Flame Hill vineyard. This Montville winery, we think produces the most sumptuous wines on the Sunshine Coast with their Shiraz and Verdelho being to die for!
All their wines and food are produced from their own farm and vines, with environmental and ethical consciousness being as important to Flame Hill as taste. The Deck Restaurant, housed within a contemporary Queenslander, features a-la-carte fare from seasonal produce matched to estate-grown wines.
Fresh produce abounds and chef Mathew Law works his magic to produce sumptuous meals. Indulge in Secrets Red Duck Curry or Bouillabaisse, a traditional tomato-based Seafood Stew.
– Foodies won’t want to miss this! Colin James Fine Food in Maleny is an essential stop on any foodies’ tour of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. Whether it’s artisan ice-cream, amazing cheese or gelato and sorbet created using the famous local milk and fruit we know you won’t be leaving without wanting to sample more than a few of these renown local products.
– Take in the bracing mountain air and stunning vistas with a nature walk. There’s something for every fitness level ranging from the 6 mountains in 24 hours “Footsteps of Flinders” hike to the 58km Hinterland Great Walk all the way down to a gentle stroll through sub-tropical rainforest learning about the local inhabitants at Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve. It’s nice to get among the stunning Hinterland landscape at your own pace!
With rosy cheeks, lungs full of fresh air, and bags full of local produce and boutique wines, you’ll head back all the better for having explored the hinterland’s rural riches with Coast to Hinterland Tours.